referral advocacy, opinions, advice
A venture involving uncertainty, such as a contract, business operation or dispute, can benefit from the additional perspective of independent advice. It can give comfort or warning.
I provide legal opinions and advice on an referral basis to colleagues (as well as directly to clients), including in the following areas:
- contract review and interpretation
- public and administrative law powers, duties, and liability
- construction and infrastructure projects
- procurement regulation
- health and safety regulation
- human rights and business duties, obligations, liability, and risk
- assessment of legal risk.
I also accept instructions from colleagues to act as advocate in arbitration and ADR.